In most cases we will pre-inspect the event venue at no charge for ideas, flow and safety. Our planning staff will spend as much time as you need at our office to finalize your plans.
We are extremely organized. We use work sheets and check lists for every aspect of your event. Equipment is cleaned, checked and cross-checked so that your event runs smoothly.
We will make every effort to work with our clients to make a reasonable budget go a long way.
We will not be late for an event except for acts of nature, boiler/mechanical problems, acts of terrorism, direction of civil authorities or traffic beyond our control.
We will never run out of product if the client has the right guest count.
Our staff is "paid to think" about safety and protection from food born illness.
There is a $100.00 charge for full tasting that is refunded if you choose to use our services.
We ask of you.
1) Receipt of an estimate does not bind our services. If our agreement is acceptable - Please sign and return contract to us within seven days. Mail, Fax or Email is acceptable. Please send in your deposit Via Check or Credit Card at the same time. Your deposit is accepted as consideration of the contract terms and binds the contract. Please understand that we make our living selling our time and if we do not have an agreement we must proceed marketing the date as soon as possible.
2) We accept changes in guest count up to one week* before the event. If you have not received your guests' R.S.V.P - call them so that there are no "last minute" surprises. Remember our prices are based on volume so your price per guest may change if there are significant changes in guest count.
*We are flexible to a certain extent - if you need more time call us. Remember our prices are based on adult guest count if your guest list goes up or down there may be additional charges or savings. 3) Deposits are not refundable if we do not have time to resell the date (minimum two months). Fees for work completed and planning are removed from returned deposit. Please understand we are only selling our time. Most of our events are booked at least a month in advance; rarely do people call within a week or two to book an event. If your date is cancelled because of an catastrophic act of nature (hurricane, flood, earthquake, freeze, tornado) we will provide you with a store credit for a future event.
4) If you plan an out door event in South Florida especially during hurricane season you are accepting a risk, we will be happy to cater the party but we cannot share your risk. Our staff will stop work if exposed to lightning or winds over 35 miles per hour.
5) Please understand that our staff cannot move furniture or anything heavy if it is not in the context of their normal duties. If we are setting up your rentals please have the area cleared before our staff arrival.
6) We will not allow food from "unapproved sources" to be mixed with our product. If you are planning to add additional items from another source please call us first.
7) Our entire staff is covered by workers compensation insurance but that does not give us license to do dangerous things like climbing on ladders to fix decorations or try to repair your circuit breaker box. 8) If you go out to dinner and an unexpected guest or two joins you, you would expect a bill for their dinner if they eat. Please show the caterer the same courtesy if you are billed by the person. Remember, if your caterer has extra food for emergencies it's there to protect your reputation and theirs and it is not part of the contract. 9) Asking a caterer's staff to bypass their employer to work for you "on the side" is not illegal but may be interpreted as unethical. Employees risk losing their jobs if they are not available when needed. Remember if you have someone working in your home or business without workers compensation coverage your homeowners insurance won't cover their accidents.
10) Our staff members are highly trained and educated individuals, treating them with respect is the best way to get 110% effort out of them. Catering is hard work and when clients are not respectful it really can make for a long day. The same rules should apply to treating catering staff as you would treat a flight attendant on an airline.
(11) Please don't ask us to serve alcoholic beverages to minors, to intentionally inebriate your adult guests or stay* if there is illegal drug use or nudity at the event. We do not serve "shooters", Jello Shots or any beverages that will cause people to become legally drunk quickly.
*If we see illegal drug use, our staff will pack and leave your event immediately and no credit will be issued.